We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 69 Posts
    I’ve created a TV (radio options, @INHERIT as the default value) and it’s working exactly as intended.

However, the user experience is a little muddied on the manager side and I was wondering if there is a way around it.

If the TV value is inherited, is there a quick way to have that radio option selected automatically when the Edit screen is loaded? For example, the page "Products" has the "products section" radio checked.  the "Product A" page, although it is inheriting the value "products section", it is not checked on the Edit screen, making it look like nothing is defined.

Ideally I’d like to have the correct one selected, but I wouldn’t mind creating another radio option of "(inherited)" and have that one selected by default.

Thanks!

Update: For the time being I made an additional radio option named (Inherit from parent) with a value of @INHERIT, and set @INHERIT as the default value. That’ll work for now although I would prefer to do without the extra option entirely.
    • That’s a good solution for now Mark. You might want to file a ticket in JIRA to request this addition/update to the code base. It makes sense to me.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 4,205 Posts
        +1 on the addition of this feature. @INHERIT values are sometimes vague for the user. I think I remember seeing an add-on that would display the value of the @INHERIT near the input field (like the image preview plug-in) but i can’t recall if this was a dream or it it really exists tongue
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]