We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 388 Posts
    I’m using the MODx Aqua style manager theme.

I have a site with a really long site title and the tab is not wide enough to accommodate it. So I thought I’d increase the width of the image used for the tab.

c:\wamp\www\twp\manager\media\style\MODxAqua\images\misc\aquatab.gif

After modifying the image, however, nothing changed. So I though perhaps this is not the file referenced in the css. So as a test I renamed aquatab.gif to acquatabxxx.gif and the page style looks the same. I expected the tab image to be gone. This suggests to me that the output is using a different image or css file to create the style?

How can I correct this?
      www.terrybarthdesign.com
      • 24,544 Posts
      If you do a "view source" on the page, you should see the actual .CSS files being used.

Note that when you make certain changes, things often look the same if you haven’t cleared the site cache and/or your browser cache.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 388 Posts
        Bobray

Yep, I’ve been inside and out of the css style sheet. That’s how I got to the file in question.

Turns out to be a browser cache problem. It seems that Chrome, which I just happened to be using on this one, doesn’t clear its cache when you tell it to. However, if I close Chrome and reopen, all is good. Had I been using FF at the time, would a saved myself a good chunk of time. . .

Thank you for the extra set of eyes.

Terry
          www.terrybarthdesign.com
          • 24,544 Posts
          That’s good to know about chrome. Glad to know you got it sorted. smiley
            Did I help you? Buy me a beer
            Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
            MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
            My MODX Extras
            Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting