We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 138 Posts
    Hi,

I’ve made a template variable with input type ’Date’ and ’Date Formatter’ as widget. To my understanding, the widget only takes care of how the input value is stored. If so, my issue is the the input type.
    On editing the document, I’m presented with my TV (current value: (not set)) and two buttons. Clicking on the calendar button, opens a new window (full screen in FF3), in which I can select time and date. However, pressing the date closes the date selection window, but doesn’t update my TV value (still: (not set)).

This does work, however, in IE6.

Also, it is possible to remove the time selection from the widget? I only need the date.

Thanks.

Edit: Apparently, it’s a Firefox setting in about:config.
      • 129 Posts
      Hello

This is an old topic, but the first one that comes up in a search when trying to solve this problem, so it seems the best place for the answer. I have the same issue as the original poster, in that in FF3, clicking the date button opens the date selector, but the selected date isn’t updated into the document.

Does anyone know the about:config setting that needs to be changed?
        • 25 Posts
        It would be great if someone could add the link to the solution for this issue. I’m having the same trouble (except that I don’t get the widget to open any window) and can’t select a date at all.

Hope someone can help.
          • 25 Posts
          Found a solution that worked for me here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=31949.0