We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • Very nice additions Toby ... gracias! Want to add it to the Repository? In fact, it might be cool to put in a switch to function as the standard Inherit Tpl plugin if nothing is set, that way it could replace the Inherit Tpl plugin with newfound flexibility. One plugin-controller to rule them all. Or something like that. tongue
      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
      • 1,010 Posts
      Will do Ryan.  In fact I’ve noticed that it doesn’t play very well with the original Inherit Parent Template. If you have them both active the ’levels’ functionality isn’t very stable. I’ll have a look at it over the weekend and add it to the repository.

I did think of another extension that I personally would have a use for, which is to be able to limit the choice of templates depending on the parent or the TV. That would probably have to work similar to ManagerManager... perhaps for a future version if there is interest.
      • Sounds great Toby and the updated selection options sounds great as well. Some ManagerManager or Custom Manager Fields overlap but great indeed. smiley
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
          • 884 Posts
          Toby the new version gives me "syntax error, unexpected ’<’" in my system event log.
          do u see why maybe?
            • 884 Posts
            duhhha I left the <?php tags.
              • 1,010 Posts
              Added to repository: http://modxcms.com/Inherit-Selected-Template-0.1-2250.html

Now defaults to original Inherit Parent Template plugin functionality if there is no TV or if none of the parents has the TV set.

Latest addition is an extra selection called "Inherit parent" which will restore the Inherit Parent Template for further child levels. This can be useful in a multilevel scenario where the top parent has the TV set to a template but you want the default functionality for some of it’s children.

For any further discussion please use the support thread. http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=30255
              • Kudos TobyL. Great stuff. smiley

This discussion is closed to further replies. Keep calm and carry on.