We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 137 Posts
    I have non-technical users that rely on the "Doc Manager" module for sorting tree branches, but unfortunately this gives them access to do other things that they should not be able to do (or that may confuse them), such as change permissions on documents, switch templates, etc.

It would be good to restrict the use of Doc Manager to just the "Sort Menu" and perhaps the "Other Properties" tabs, for this user group.

Anton
      • 137 Posts
      Any thoughts as to how this might be achieved? smiley
        • 129 Posts
        I don’t think under the current permissions scheme you can give partial access to modules. It is all or nothing >:(.

You can give access only to certain modules but not on a feature by feature basis inside a module.

I suppose if your handy with the PHP you could duplicate the Doc Manager module, rename it and remove the features that you don’t want them to have then give them access to that new Module only.

Not sure how difficult that would be though since I have never dug around the code...
          "Regret for the things we did can be tempered by time; it is regret for the things we did not do that is inconsolable."
          -- Sydney Harris
          • 137 Posts
          Quote from: Whitefen
          ...you could duplicate the Doc Manager module, rename it and remove the features that you don’t want them to have then give them access to that new Module only.

Good thinking; I might just try that. smiley