We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 89 Posts
    Friends form the main team,

Would you vote for merging this into the distro? I think it’s quite handy, sometimes you just want to see what’s going on in some template and the textarea editor is not so clear and suitable for this.

But I would really suggest swithcingh the tabs. First the source editor, then the highlighted code. The reason is that there are some situations when you want to debug tempalte/snippet/module in the manager, so you edit it for example 20 times. And in theis case, every additional click - as swithing tabs - sucks hard.

I can take care of this manager mod in SVN if we agree on in.
      • 788 Posts
      It wouldn’t be too hard to do another set of files with the tabs reversed, but I’m going to be kinda busy this next week so it will probably be next weekend before I can get to it.

I should have thought of that and did it the first time... wink
        xforum
        http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
        • 7,075 Posts
        Quote from: breezer at Jul 07, 2006, 04:49 PM

davidm, are you putting the included style.css into the MODx folder on the server? Perhaps since there are 2 sets of manager theme files (regular and MODX) try replacing the style.css in the main media/style/ folder and see if that works...

I’ve tried that, didn’t work...

I’ll install your mod on another MODx install, to check this out and understand... I’ll keep you posted
          .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • 788 Posts
          davidm - I just stumbled across a settng in the administration area which you may look at...

Administration / System Configuration / Miscellaneous settings / Manager theme

when I set mine back to default it shows regular unordered list icons, perhaps that is the culprit huh
            xforum
            • 7,075 Posts
            Good catch ! That did the trick grin
            Except for me it was the opposite my MODx install was set with MODx style and I had to switch to default...

Thanks for taking the time to look into it smiley

Still hard to understand since I uploaded your style.css file in each of the two theme folders... huh
              .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
              • 24,544 Posts
              Has anyone installed this on 0.9.6? It looks fantastic but I’m hesitant to install it since it replaces some core code files and the Repository listing only mentions 0.9.2.

Bob
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
                • 4,213 Posts
                Quote from: BobRay at Oct 09, 2007, 11:11 PM

Has anyone installed this on 0.9.6? It looks fantastic but I’m hesitant to install it since it replaces some core code files and the Repository listing only mentions 0.9.2.

Bob
                Try the editarea plugin or the other highlighting plugin from netnoise, cannot remember what it’s name was.. they work in 0.9.6 at least..

"He can have a lollipop any time he wants to. That's what it means to be a programmer."
                  • 788 Posts
                  Sorry folks, kinda got tied up in SecondLife and I havent modified this to work on 096 yet, I do have an 095 version I made but didn’t package it up as the versions were changing so quick.

I’ll see about getting an 096 up and running and see if I cant get something fixed up in the next week or so smiley

xforum
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Quote from: breezer at Oct 10, 2007, 02:12 PM

Sorry folks, kinda got tied up in SecondLife and I havent modified this to work on 096 yet, I do have an 095 version I made but didn’t package it up as the versions were changing so quick.

I’ll see about getting an 096 up and running and see if I cant get something fixed up in the next week or so smiley

Sounds great. I can’t wait to try it.

Bob
                      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                      My MODX Extras
                      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting