We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 66 Posts
    I’d like to change the default inactive user login message (the one that appears when a user has registered but not yet been approved by the system admin - shown in the attached screenshot). I tried to do this by adding a new lexicon value for the login package but it doesn’t seem to work.

The only other way I can see to change this is in the core/lexicon/en/login.inc.php file, but I’d rather not change core code if possible due to upgrade headaches.

[’login_user_inactive’] = ’Your user account has been disabled. Please contact your system administrator to enable the account.’;

Has anyone had any luck changing this successfully as a lexicon, or some other way that doesn’t involve changing core code? A big thank you in advance (and thanks again Shaun for this great package, I love it!).

• MODX Revolution 2.1.1-pl
    • Login 1.6.1
      • 5 Posts
      I was having the exact same problem. After much digging, I was eventually able to modify this setting in Lexicon Management, namespace ’core’, topic ’login’. I didn’t really expect to find it there, I thought it would be under namespace ’login’ but maybe that’s just me.

There is something strange going on in Lexicon Management, by the way. When I open it, it defaults (or seems to default) to namespace ’core’. When I try to select topic ’login’, it isn’t in the drop down list. Some other topics are missing as well. Only after I select namespace ’core’ in the namespace drop down, can I see all the topics. I have seen this on two different machines with Revo 2.1.0-pl traditional.
        • 66 Posts
        Thanks DutchIris, you’re a champ smiley Don’t worry, I was looking in namespace ’login’ too.

Thanks again!