We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 67 Posts
    Discuss is an excellent forum component and I have it working really smoothly on a test site. However, a glaring omission, and one that scuppers my plans to go live, is the lack of integration with the Login component. A user can register through Login and access all the usual Discuss threads. They can even see the Reply etc. action buttons as a logged in user, but can not actually post/reply as they don’t have a user profile in the modx_discuss_user_profile table. I found a thread relating to this (http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=59228.0) but have been unable to pass the user details to the Discuss table on registering through the Login form [[!Register]]

Does anyone know how to do this? The use of a postHook in Login makes sense, but I’m not sure how to make it write the details correctly.
    • It’s coming in a soon to be update, all forms are going to be processed with the help of Login & FormIt components.
        • 67 Posts
        Great news and something that I’m sure a lot of people will welcome.

Any approximate idea on when the update is coming?
        • Unfortunately no.

Don’t expect a release before Revolution 2.1