We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 15 Posts
    Hi guys.

I am starting to go bonkers here.

I think I want to do something really simple. I did install Login 1.5.2 in my Revo 2.0.7 and did put the [[!Login? &loginResourceId=`310`]] snippet on my start page.
    In the backend I create a user...

On my Startpage I check if a user is logged in:
    "Hello, ".$modx->getLoginUserName()."!";
    otherwise Hello Guest is displayed...

So I login the user and I get redirected to the page 310... That’s fine. But my $modx->getLoginUserName() doesn’t show me a username, so I am still a guest on the frontend. In the backend the login count for the user gets increased by 1. So the login works. But somehow the session is not linked to the frontend.

I am trying this with the sample page of the modx installation...

Is there anything else I have to do to make the Login Snippet work?

I can’t find a step-by-step tutorial...

• 15 Posts
      Just found this Tutorial: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?action=dlattach;topic=60982.0;attach=14357

Very helpful. But I did the exact same steps. But I am stuck at the login part.

One thing that is different. When I set the "User Group Access to Context" I don’t have the Access Policy "Resource" there. I can pick all the others, like Administrator, Object etc.. Strange... But even when I give Administrator Access it won’t work sad

I don’t know what I do wrong.

Any help gladly appreciated
        • 15 Posts
        26 Views?

Wow, actually I don’t think that that many people checked out this thread, it’s just me desperately refreshing the page sad

sorry lads, but this problem is bugging me for two day now.

I thinks it might be caused by context and different domains. I have a multidomain setup with a routing index.php depending on the domain. on top of that I have set up the domains locally as vhost in my apache to developp. but still I wonder why even with the simple sample page it won’t work. sad

Making an online test now... Maybe I get smarter.

• 15 Posts
          ok, it works online on the unix server. same configuration. now I am able to login to multiple contexts...

hmmm.

• 37 Posts
            Hi,

I am having same issues while attempting to develop a site on a local server.

I can’t login from web context and [[!ConfirmRegister]] is not making the newly registered users "Active"...

I am getting so fed up with this... Any help would be much appreciated !

Do you have any ideas why it worked on-line and not locally huh

Here is my system info :

Apache 2.2
            Php version : 5.3.2-1

Browser :
            firefox 3.6.13

• 24,544 Posts
              Quote from: ragnar at Mar 04, 2011, 11:14 AM

One thing that is different. When I set the "User Group Access to Context" I don’t have the Access Policy "Resource" there. I can pick all the others, like Administrator, Object etc.. Strange... But even when I give Administrator Access it won’t work sad

That’s normal. Context Access ACL entries should never use the "Resource" policy -- That’s for Resource Group Access ACL entries.
                Did I help you? Buy me a beer
                Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
                MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
                My MODX Extras
                Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting