We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 107 Posts
    I am getting this MODx Parser Error for any page I try to pull up and for page previews.

This is a completely new installation. I’ve looked at the MySQL documentation and all my settings are correct.

[tt]« MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:

« Execution of a query to the database failed - Lost connection to MySQL server during query »

SQL: SELECT DISTINCT sc.published FROM `modx`.dry_site_content sc LEFT JOIN `modx`.dry_document_groups dg on dg.document = sc.id WHERE (sc.id IN (19) AND sc.published=1 AND sc.deleted=0 ) AND (sc.privateweb=0) LIMIT 1 [/tt]

My environment:

MODx database name: modx
    MODx table prefix: dry_

Web Server:
    ----------------
    PHP version: 5.0.3
    MySQL version: 4.1.7
    Operating System and version: Apache/2.0.53 (Win32)

Browser/Client:
    -----------------
    Browser name and version: Firefox 1.5, IE 6.0.28
    Operating System and version: W2K SP4
    • Does the site actually work from the front end and can you edit pages in general?

And what version of MODx?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 107 Posts
        I am using 0.9.1.

No, it doesn’t work from the front end.

I can edit files, but the preview window doesn’t work. Plus, I get the following error on edit pages:

[tt]Warning: mysql_num_rows(): supplied argument is not a valid MySQL result resource in C:\sokkit\site\modx-dry\manager\actions\dynamic\mutate_content.dynamic.action.php on line 991[/tt]

I get this error when I create and save a document:

[tt]An error occured while attempting to save the new document: Lost connection to MySQL server during query[/tt]

However, the record is inserted.
        • Do you have Friendly URLs turned on/have you tried it with/without them?
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,732 Posts
            Hi,

Seems like you might be having some problems with the DB connection.

Try running this script via phpmyadmin:

SELECT DISTINCT sc.published FROM `modx`.dry_site_content sc LEFT JOIN `modx`.dry_document_groups dg on dg.document = sc.id WHERE (sc.id IN (19) AND sc.published=1 AND sc.deleted=0 ) AND (sc.privateweb=0) LIMIT 1
              xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
              • 107 Posts
              re the query run via phpmyadmin: I didn’t receive an error; what was I looking for?
                • 107 Posts
                I do not have friendly URLs enabled.
                  • 107 Posts
                  Hi.

I still have not gotten MODx to run on my system. I also put in a bug report/trouble ticket and it is now gone.

Does this mean I’ve exhausted help here on the forum or should I be more patient?

Thanks.

Quote from: rthrash at Jan 08, 2006, 02:52 PM

Does the site actually work from the front end and can you edit pages in general?

And what version of MODx?
                    • 141 Posts
                    Any clues in your server error log?
                      • 107 Posts
                      Nothing showed up in any of the error logs.

I did get it to work, however, I upgraded my version of MySQL to 4.1.16, rebooted my machine and it started working.

Wonderful!

Thanks for the help.

Quote from: zenmaster at Jan 09, 2006, 08:09 PM

Any clues in your server error log?