We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Hello,

I feel really stupid to ask but, is there a list of placeholders for login or an example of login form template? I’ve been struggling with login for quite a while now and could use some help. Wiki doesn’t help much when you quite don’t know what you are doing.

Thanks,
    Tommy
      • 793 Posts
        • 70 Posts
        Yeah.. but it doesn’t say anything about templates and possible placeholders in template. Am I missing something fundamental here?
          • 793 Posts
          In the sample site shipped with Evo you can see how [tt]Login[/tt] can be used.
          This is the custom login form for Weblogins used there (content of the chunk [tt]LoginForm[/tt] ):
          <!-- #declare:separator <hr> --> 
          <!-- login form section-->
          <form method="post" name="loginfrm" action="[+action+]"> 
              <input type="hidden" value="[+rememberme+]" name="rememberme" /> 
              <fieldset>
                  <h3>Your Login Details</h3>
                  <label for="username">User: <input type="text" name="username" id="username" tabindex="1" onkeypress="return webLoginEnter(document.loginfrm.password);" value="[+username+]" /></label>
              	<label for="password">Password: <input type="password" name="password" id="password" tabindex="2" onkeypress="return webLoginEnter(document.loginfrm.cmdweblogin);" value="" /></label>
              	<input type="checkbox" id="checkbox_1" name="checkbox_1" tabindex="3" size="1" value="" [+checkbox+] onclick="webLoginCheckRemember()" /><label for="checkbox_1" class="checkbox">Remember me</label>
              	<input type="submit" value="[+logintext+]" name="cmdweblogin" class="button" />
          	<a href="#" onclick="webLoginShowForm(2);return false;" id="forgotpsswd">Forget Your Password?</a>
          	</fieldset>
          </form>
          <hr>
          <!-- log out hyperlink section -->
          <h4>You're already logged in</h4>
          Do you wish to <a href="[+action+]" class="button">[+logouttext+]</a>?
          <hr>
          <!-- Password reminder form section -->
          <form name="loginreminder" method="post" action="[+action+]">
              <fieldset>
                  <h3>It happens to everyone...</h3>
                  <input type="hidden" name="txtpwdrem" value="0" />
                  <label for="txtwebemail">Enter the email address of your account to reset your password: <input type="text" name="txtwebemail" id="txtwebemail" size="24" /></label>
                  <label>To return to the login form, press the cancel button.</label>
              	<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="cmdweblogin" class="button" /> <input type="reset" value="Cancel" name="cmdcancel" onclick="webLoginShowForm(1);" class="button" style="clear:none;display:inline" />
              </fieldset>
          </form>

The snippet call is:
          [!WebLogin? &tpl=`FormLogin` &loginhomeid=`2`!] 

Hope this is helpful.
          Good luck!
          ottogal
            • 70 Posts
            Thanks, this helps a lot. I just installed Revolution and though maybe it’s somehow different. Thanks again.

Tommy
              • 70 Posts
              Oops.. shocked In Revolution the template chunks are in the "Login" folder.. as they should be. I hope me being stupid and writing it here helps with someone else new with Revolution.