We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Great explanation. Do you mind if I steal some of it for a tutorial at Bobs Guides?
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • Go for it Bob, glad it is of use. smiley
        Helen Warner
        Number one pixel!
        Proud to be linked with MODX at Crimson Pixel
        • 110 Posts
        Quote from: BobRay at Jan 10, 2011, 03:50 AM

Did you notice that there are two parts to the plugin? This part:

<?php
        if ($mode == modSystemEvent::MODE_UPD) {
            if ( ! $user->get('active') && $_POST['active'] ) { 
                $modx->logManagerAction('activate_user','modUser',$user->get('id'));
                $email = $_POST['email']; 
                /* Code to Send email goes here */
            }
        }

And the part that sends the email (which gets pasted exactly where the comment is)? I pasted both from working code, although It’s possible that something has changed in newer releases of 2.x.

Yes. I both noticed and understood from the beginning. When I didn’t see happening what I expected to, I eventually used just the above piece of code. Since it logs a manager action, then I’d be able to see that and know if I was buggering things up. I did NOT see any entries created in the manager log, hence my question. I’ll perhaps try experimenting a bit more, but this isn’t critical functionality for me.

On a positive note: News Publisher is! The concept is great (similar to what attracted me to Drupal before its bloat and poor performance turned me off).