We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,495 Posts
    Hi,

I tried @INHERIT binding option and it’s not working. I mean it’s not being inhereted to the child document. I make a new TV, assign TV to the template, and documents were assigned to that template. I set the parent document to be "@INHERIT something", then I’m expecting the child document will inherit their TV value from the parent document/folder, unfortunately it doesn’t happened that way.

Anybody have any thought of this?
      Wendy Novianto
      [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
      [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
      • 680 Posts
      Hello Wendy,

If I’m understanding you correctly it sounds as if you’re putting @INHERIT in the content of a document TV but @ bindings only work in the Input Option Values and Default Value of the Template Variable settings and @INHERIT really is only valuable to use in the Default Value field.

So if you set the Default Value of your TV to @INHERIT and then put some content into your parent doc your children should inherit the content from the parent.
        • 1,495 Posts
        Thanks for the reply, it works wonderfully.

The only concern that I have right now, I can use @DOCUMENT binding inside the content specific to the page itself, instead of having to set that up in default value for TV.

In terms about @INHERIT binding, it’s a little bit different with the other binding, because it’s related to all other documents beneath it, which the other binding only care about inheriting the whole content to all documents with the assigned template or use the one assigned to the content specific for that page.

So the approach of MODx is the one that I think suppose to be in the right way, which means @INHERIT binding cannot be use for specific content value, instead need to be assigned from the TV default value.

Note: I haven’t checked the other binding, but I believe they all work the same with @DOCUMENT, except @INHERIT

Hopefully I’m making the right statement here.
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media