We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 54 Posts
    Would it be a big deal to modify MODx to sort out all of the manager permissions by their name? I’d like to sort the User groups, Document groups, User/document group links and the list of document groups when you edit a page.

I’m setting up a directory of churches which is divided by continent and country. Each continent, country (or region) and church will have their own document group and user group so that certain individuals can modify certain groups of churches (or just their own church). In order to accomplish this we’re going to have A LOT of manager permissions. If they were sorted by name, it will probably work out.

Can you let me know what page(s) I would need to modify to accomplish this? It seems like it would be a simple ORDER BY in the SQL in a couple places.

Thanks for the help!

• 1,495 Posts
      Try this file
      /manager/actions/static/user_management.static.action.php

Hope it helps.
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 54 Posts
        I’ve finally gotten around to working on this, but unfortunately that doesn’t appear to be the right document for manager permissions. I’ve searched for "Here you can manage the user groups and document groups" in all the files from the manager static folder and haven’t found anything. Am I missing something?

I think I’ll just search for the table name next.
          • 54 Posts
          This looks like the right file:

access_permissions.dynamic.action.php

wonder what the difference between "static" and "dynamic" is though...
          • "Static" actions should just be associated with the display things.

"Dyanmic" ones delete or otherwise alter things.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 1,495 Posts
              Quote from: rthrash at Jan 11, 2006, 09:52 PM

"Static" actions should just be associated with the display things.

"Dyanmic" ones delete or otherwise alter things.

Cool, that helps me to understand, why they were all separated into two folders.

Thanks Ryan.
                Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
              • Quote from: luke.stokes at Jan 11, 2006, 09:22 PM

I’ve finally gotten around to working on this, but unfortunately that doesn’t appear to be the right document for manager permissions. I’ve searched for "Here you can manage the user groups and document groups" in all the files from the manager static folder and haven’t found anything. Am I missing something?

I think I’ll just search for the table name next.

The text output is from one of the language files, it’s not hard-coded into the action scripts.
                  Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                  Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                  Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org