We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 26 Posts
    I am in the proces of completing a website for a sunday league football club and cannot find any documentation on how to add the ability to enable web users to change the password I set to one they can remember? I know I am meant to be using WebChangePwd but cannot find any template stuff, or anything to enable it.

Any help would be gratefully received.

Cheers
      • 788 Posts
      You should have WebChangePwd snippet installed, so in its simplest form all have to do is call it on a page like so:

[!WebChangePwd!]

The default template is in assets/snippets/weblogin/webchangepwd.inc.php, but you can create your own template using the default as a guide and then you would call the snippet like this:

[!WebChangePwd? &tpl=`valid_chunk_name`!]

There are more options, look at the top of the snippet itself for the available params. smiley
        xforum
        http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution
        • 26 Posts
        Is the default template similar to that for the weblogin, i.e. has different sections in it? Also what html input names does it require? (As you can tel, I don’t have any template for webchangepwd nor can I find one on the net - my googling skills are letting me down today.) BTW thanks for the quick reply.
          • 788 Posts
          The default template is from line 109 - 173 in assets/snippets/weblogin/webchangepwd.inc.php

Copy the code of the default template, go into your manager and create a new chunk and paste that into the content. This will give you a base to modify to your needs. Then call your snippet using the &tpl parameter like so:

[!WebChangePwd? &tpl=`YourChunkName`!]

Yes, it is similar to the webogin template, it uses an <hr> to seperate the sections but you can denote your own in the first line of the template itself:

<!-- #declare:separator <hr> -->

change the <hr> accordingly if needed

xforum
            http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution