We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 70 Posts
    Adding WebLogin to my page’s sidebar messes up the whole layout. I can add the "login-div" with other text to side bar, no problems, but when i call WebLogin in it, layout goes crazy. With or without WebLogin template. It almost looks like I have extra </div> somewhere in my template, but I dont.. I’ve been banging my head to the wall for quite some time now. Where to start, what else to look for?

Cheers,
    Tommy
      • 24,544 Posts
      Do you have a URL for us to look at? It’s hard to guess what’s happening without seeing the code.
        Did I help you? Buy me a beer
        Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
        MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
        My MODX Extras
        Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
        • 70 Posts
        No, sorry. I’m just wondering if anyone else has bumped into something like this. The problem only appears when I add [!WebLogin? !] call somewhere in the page.
          • 22 Posts
          I’ve got the same problem, and am trying to figure out how to fix it...
          Here’s a link to how it looks, I think the OP has the same problem.
          http://reviewdistrict.net/modx
            • 24,544 Posts
            Quote from: Bones_6 at Sep 04, 2009, 02:11 AM

I’ve got the same problem, and am trying to figure out how to fix it...
            Here’s a link to how it looks, I think the OP has the same problem.
            http://reviewdisrict.net/modx

Sorry, that’s a dead link for me.
              My MODX Extras
              • 22 Posts
              Sorry, left out the T, lol.
              http://reviewdistrict.net/modx
                • 24,544 Posts
                It’s been a long time since I used tables for layout, but you’ve got a table within a table within a table within a form. It looks like the innermost table is the one that’s pusing out the side. Maybe there just isn’t room for it -- it has a width of 230px.

My MODX Extras
                  • 22 Posts
                  okay, i’ll play around with it, see if taking away some of the tables will fix it. thanks
                  • Hum... I know that template... Give this a try:

Place in sidebar chunk:
                    <!-- Side Bar Block Start -->
                    <div class="corner-subcontent-top"></div>                        
                            <div class="subcontent-box">
                              <h1 class="login">Login</h1>                    
                              <div class="loginform">
                            [!WebLogin? &tpl=`FormLogin` &loginhomeid=`[(site_start)]`!]
                            </div></div>  
                            <div class="corner-subcontent-bottom"></div>
                    <!-- Side Bar Block End -->

and use this for the template (FormLogin in above example):
                    <!-- #declare:separator <hr> --> 
                    <!-- login form section-->
                    	<form method="post" id="loginfrm" action="[+action+]"> 
                    		<fieldset>
                    			<input type="hidden" value="[+rememberme+]" name="rememberme" /> 
                    			<p><label for="username">User: <input type="text" name="username" id="username" tabindex="1" onkeypress="return webLoginEnter(document.loginfrm.password);" value="[+username+]" /></label></p>
                    			<p><label for="password">Password: <input type="password" name="password" id="password" tabindex="2" onkeypress="return webLoginEnter(document.loginfrm.cmdweblogin);" value="" /></label></p>
                    			<p><label for="checkbox_1" class="checkbox">Remember me</label></p><input type="checkbox" id="checkbox_1" name="checkbox_1" tabindex="3" size="1" value="" [+checkbox+] onclick="webLoginCheckRemember()" />
                    			<input type="submit" value="[+logintext+]" name="cmdweblogin" class="button" />
                    		<p><a href="#" onclick="webLoginShowForm(2);return false;" id="forgotpsswd">Forget Your Password?</a></p>
                    		</fieldset>
                    	</form>
                    <hr>
                    <!-- log out hyperlink section -->

<p>Do you wish to <a href="[+action+]" class="button">[+logouttext+]</a>?</p>

<hr>
                    <!-- Password reminder form section -->
                    <form id="loginreminder" method="post" action="[+action+]">
                        <fieldset>
                            <input type="hidden" name="txtpwdrem" value="0" />
                            <p><label for="txtwebemail">Enter the email address: <input type="text" name="txtwebemail" id="txtwebemail" size="24" /></label></p>
                            <p><label>To return to the login form, press the cancel button.</label></p>
                        	<input type="submit" value="Submit" name="cmdweblogin" class="button" /> <input type="reset" value="Cancel" name="cmdcancel" onclick="webLoginShowForm(1);" class="button" style="clear:none;display:inline" />
                        </fieldset>
                    </form>

AMDbuilder
                      Patrick | Server Wrangler
                      About Me: Website | TweetsMODX Hosting
                      • 22 Posts
                      Thanks AMD, that worked perfectly... Thanks for making a great theme, haha. Gotta edit it a bit, also since your reading this, is that really the site for the Designed by?
                      Also, would it be possible to get the login where the search field is located? Like, have the search there and the Login to the left? Cause when I added text there, it pushes the search field down, to make room. Would it need to be created in a new div?