We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 93 Posts
    Hello

Since I cannot remove my own posts on this forum, I am leaving this here with the solution in case it helps others:

-----------original problem ----------
    I am really tearing my hair out here - hope someone can guide me.

I need to create a "change password" page and am calling [[WebChangePwd]]. However nothing appears on the page.

I have tried both logged-in and logged-out. Just a blank page.

I checked all the obvious things and nothing appears in the web logs to indicate any problems since the server "successfully" serves an empty page.

Some advice would be very welcome.

-----------end original problem ----------

-----------solution----------------

Call the snippet uncached, viz: [!WebChangePwd!] - the form will only appear for logged in users.

-----------end solution--------------

Lee

• When you say web logs, did you also check the PHP error log? A blank page is indicative of a PHP error and the error logs might enlighten you a bit more on the actual problem.

I’m assuming that the page works fine without the snippet call - in which case, I would check that all the required files needed by the WebChangePwd snippet are located where they should be (try reuploading them, maybe one is missing or corrupted). Also, does calling the snippet uncached change anything? i.e. [!WebChangePwd!]

EDIT: Lol, you fixed it yourself just as I posted tongue
        Garry Nutting
        Senior Developer
        MODX, LLC

Email: [email protected]
        Twitter: @garryn
        Web: modx.com
        • 93 Posts
        Garry

Many thanks for taking the time to reply.

Hope I didn’t waste your time.

L