We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2 Posts
    Hey everyone. I’m totally new to MODx (in fact, I just set up my first attempt last night), but I still feel a little stupid asking this question. I’ve been working on it all day and can’t figure it out. I’ve gotten my site template working and I’ve added the WebLogin snippet in the top right corner of the page. I’ve created a web user called test to use for all frontend tests. When I try to login with test’s credentials the page just reloads and nothing happens. The login form is still present, no errors, no output. Nothing. Can someone provide some input as to what I might be doing wrong? I would surely appreciate it. Let me know if you need more information.

Thanks,
    Eric
      • 2,310 Posts
      Do you have something like this somewhere on the page inside the Manager?
      [!WebLogin? &tpl=`FormLogin` &loginhomeid=`3`!]

What happens if you use the wrong name or password?
        • 2 Posts
        Quote from: bunk58 at May 19, 2008, 09:29 PM

Do you have something like this somewhere on the page inside the Manager?
        [!WebLogin? &tpl=`FormLogin` &loginhomeid=`3`!]

What happens if you use the wrong name or password?

Yes, I do, although I don’t provide the tpl parameter. And, as of late, I haven’t been providing the loginhomeid parameter either. Won’t the login processing continue without those parameters?

The same thing happens when I use wrong credentials as when I use correct credentials: nothing. The page refreshes and that’s it.
          • 120 Posts
          Be sure that you’re calling the snippet uncached, with brackets and exclamation points, like this:

[!WebLogin!]

And not cached, with double brackets, like this:

[[WebLogin]]

If the snippet isn’t either called uncached, or called on an uncached page, it won’t work; it will produce the exact symptoms that you’re describing.