We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    As a newbie to MODx I have been having difficulty trying to implement features on the WebLogin snippet like change password. I appreciate that most snippets need other chunks (or templates?) to make them work. I see that in the snippets/weblogin folder there is webchangepwd.inc.php which presumably has to be used to bring up a page with the form on it.

By studying the MODx default installation template, it seems that the basic login form is created from a chunk which seems as if it was extracted from weblogin.inc.php

I also studied Sottwell’s tutorial but that seems to miss out some steps - so I have found that too heavy to replicate & create a change password function.

Can anyone assist with a step-by step procedure?

• 18 Posts
      Replying to my own post, laugh I see that there is a webloginPE snippet that seems to have plenty of facilities & on-line documentation, but still not entirely certain how to get make it work. It seems I need to invoke the profiles page which has a change password function on it.

A working example of this or something similar is probably all I need to come up to speed!
        • 4,205 Posts
        TO the original question: I think you need to create a new page and use the WebChangePwd snippet that is part of the weblogin package (it comes installed in the demo site).
        # Usage:
        # Allows a web user to change his/her password from the website
        #
        # Params:
        #
        # &tpl - (Optional)
        # Chunk name or document id to use as a template
        #
        # Note: Templats design:
        # section 1: change pwd template
        # section 2: notification template
        #
        # Examples:
        #
        # [[WebChangePwd? &tpl=`ChangePwd`]]

WebLoginPE has more features and great documentation. Go through the demo site and you will see the snippet call used to create each section.
          [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
          Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]
          • 18 Posts
          Thanks for that; the demo site looks useful.

Rather perversely, having brought up the ’profile’ page, there was a broken link (page not available) shocked so I couldn’t see the chunk that created it. However, I’m beginning to get the idea now.