We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 27 Posts
    Hi!

I have a problem with the e-mail sending option in MODx. Websignup is set to e-mail the password for newly registered users. But on some mailing systems it just simply don’t work, like on gmail or hotmail because the system marks it as spam.
    How can this problem be solved? Please help me, it’s very important!
    Thx in advance.
    • You’ll need to discuss this with your provider. If it is getting marked as spam, perhaps your server is blacklisted somewhere. This likely has little or nothing to do with MODx per se, or at least not in any capacity that I am aware of.
        • 3,975 Posts
        Did you change the default email in MODx configuration to yours? i.e. by default it is [email protected]

You need to change it from Tools -> Configuration -> Users tab. You will find it on that page.

Hope this helps.
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 27 Posts
          Well, I have changed the default e-mail address but it is still generating the problem. Maybe the provider is the solution, as OpenGeek said. If it is the problem, do you have any idea, how to solve it? Afterall, I have to send e-mails.
            • 27 Posts
            Hmmm, there is an open question regarding this issue: I also have a webshop installed on the same server, with mail-sending option, but these mails have never been marked as spam at any system. So that’s why I am suspecting MODx’s e-mail sending application. I can send you the message if you want for further investigation.
            • Compare both messages including the full headers to see where the difference lies.
                Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me