We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 222 Posts
    Hello everybody,

I’ve a problem with my weblogin:
    After the login I get an absolute empty page back.
    The login was correct, in the backend I can see, that the user is logged in. Every call to a not public page failes.

Somone out there with an idea?
      Gone away and found a better place to stay
    • Is your weblogin call cached?
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 222 Posts
        Hello Ryan,

no it is not cached:

[!WebLoginDE?logintext=`Anmelden`&logouttext=`Abmelden`&logouthomeid=6&loginhomeid=10!]

The call worked until an our ago without any problems.
        • What changed in that hour (and that includes at your web host)? Also, please see my signature (help us help you) for added information we need.
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 222 Posts
            The webserver had no changes at all, I’m managing this server myself.

I’ve changed a snippet and a chunk with no relations to all sites, this snippet and the are only used in one template. I’v also checked the files on the server for manipulations, but I have not found anythyng. The database is also in correct state.

All public pages are working without any problems.

First, I’ve searched the forum for a hint, but there was none.

Web Server:

* PHP version: 5.0.3
            * MySQL version: 4.1.10a
            * Operating System and version: Apache/2.0.53 (Linux)

Browser/Client:

* IE6, FF1.5, FF2.0
            * WinXP Pro with SP2

MODx:

* Any changes you’ve made: german language file changed, weblogin changed to german version, extended weblogin to get a connect to an other application by SOAP
              • 222 Posts
              The problem is gone, but I don’t know why. huh

I have the same application on an other server, with a different configuration:

MODx 0.95
              PHP 5.2.0
              MySQL 5.0.24
              Appache 1.3.37

Also in the time, when the login on the other server failed without any message, this system worked fine. The snippets, the language configuration, everything else is the same. I have absolutely no idea, why this happened and what to do to prevent this next time.

This is going to make me some headache, because this system will be released until the end of the week.
              • Sounds like a local caching problem. Also, it’s good practice to stick to same versions between your build and deployment environments. (I noticed two MySQL versions there...) There’s also some very odd problems on particular PHP 5.x versions and particular Apache 2.x versions. You would have to Google around the general net for more information on that.