We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 22 Posts
    Hi All,

I receive the following error on submission of the registration form:-

« MODx Parse Error »

MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « `` is not numeric and may not be passed to makeUrl() »

Parser timing
    MySQL: 0.0820 s (16 Requests)
    PHP: 0.1316 s
    Total: 0.2136 s

I am using MODx 1.0.5 and WebloginPE 1.31.

The user account is created but the error page appears immediately after submitting the registration form and the user is not redirected to the Registration success page.

The snippet call is:-

[!WebLoginPE? &type=`register` &registerTpl=`AtestRegTemp` &regSuccessId=88` &regSuccessPause=`0` &groups=`TestUsers`!]

The registration template is:-

<table>
    <form id="wlpeUserRegisterForm" action="[~[*id*]~]" method="POST" enctype="multipart/form-data">
    <fieldset id="wlpeUserRegisterInput">

<td align="right">
    <label for="wlpeUserRegisterUserName"><span class="required">*</span> Desired User Name</td>
    <td><input id="wlpeUserRegisterUserName" type="text" name="username" value="[+post.username+]" />
    </label></td></tr>

<td align="right">
    <label for="wlpeUserRegisterPassword"><span class="required">*</span> Password</td>
    <td><input id="wlpeUserRegisterPassword" type="password" name="password" value="[+post.password+]" />
    </label></td></tr>

<td align="right">
    <label for="wlpeUserRegisterPasswordConfirm"><span class="required">*</span> Password (confirm)</td>
    <td><input id="wlpeUserRegisterPasswordConfirm" type="password" name="passwordconfirm" value="[+post.passwordconfirm+]" />
    </label></td></tr>

<td align="right">
    <label for="wlpeUserRegisterEmail"><span class="required">*</span> Email</td>
    <td><input id="wlpeUserRegisterEmail" type="text" name="email" value="[+post.email+]" />
    </label></td></tr>

</fieldset>

<fieldset id="wlpeUserRegisterButtons">
    <tr>
    <td>&nbsp;</td>
    <td><button type="submit" id="wlpeSaveRegisterButton" name="service" value="register">Open Account</button></td>

</fieldset>
    </form>
    </table>

We are trying to achieve the following:-

1. Create a members only area with training resources.
    2. Allow site users to register via the registration page.
    3. Only provide access once we have manually checked the user details which involves us speaking directly to user before their account will be activated.

We need to implement this very quickly now so any help would be much appreciated.
    • [!WebLoginPE? &type=`register` &registerTpl=`AtestRegTemp` &regSuccessId=88` &regSuccessPause=`0` &groups=`TestUsers`!]

Is the missing ` before the 88 a typo in your post, or is the error also in your snippet call?
        Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
        Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
        Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
        • 22 Posts
        Thanks Sotwell,

The missing ` was the problem.

Are you an expert with WebloginPE? I may need some development work doing.

As well as my basic requirement I would like to use the snippet to allow users to submit their details to a searchable directory, would that be possible. The data submited on the registration form would be used to create a web page for the client that would be searchable within our site.

Anyway thanks again for your prompt reply, I was getting a little frustrated with the issue.

Cheers
        Chris