We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 697 Posts
    In the chunk specified by &managerTpl for type=`manager` I would like to display several checkboxes for each web user.

Each checkbox must reflect if the setting is on/off for the user, i.e. if the value is empty or "on" in the database.

Traditionally, this can be done by inserting such placeholder.
    [+form.the_checkbox_name+]

But in manageTpl, I want to make the checkboxes readonly, i.e. disabled, and cannot find a way to pass this setting to WebLoginPE.

I tried this as an alternative:
    <input type="checkbox" id="membre_actif" checked="[+view.the_checkbox_name+]"  disabled="disabled"  />

but checked="", checked="0" and checked="false" is not recognized by browsers; as soon as the checkbox attribute is used the box is checked.

In HTML 5, I could place the checkboxes in a fieldset and use the "disabled" attribute for fieldset.
    But this is not the case with XHTML 4.

I plan postprocessing the output with Javascript, typically with jQuery.

Is there any other way to set the checkboxes correctly and readonly without Javascript being used?
      • 697 Posts
      To handle readonly checkboxes, the most elegant solution that appears to me is hacking WebLoginPE’s code and that’s what I’m doing now.

To follow...