We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 155 Posts
    Hello!

This is my first post! wink
    I am new to MODx, just tried it out and installed. I was searching for a CMS like this.
    Good work guys!

I am now setting up my homepage, and wondered if there is a feature that I have missed or maybe a plugin to enable custom META description for each page, just like you set META tags and keywords. I know I can put it in the template file, but I want to have for each page another description. If possible, sure.

If there is no option for this yet, I can put hands on it and write a quick plugin, but this is my first day with MODx and don’t know were to start huh. Could someone please gime me some very quick guide?

Thank you in advance!
    Boby
      ...my Photo Gallery on Flickr...
      • 1,495 Posts
      You can use Template Variables (TV).
      Just create a new TV and assign it to your template. After that, edit/create any document and assign them with that template. If you use the same template as above, you will see another extra input field in whatever format you set your TV is. Basically this additional input field can be included in your template or your content by using this tag [*your_tv_name*]. So to use it as a meta tag description, just include those tag on your header tag for your template.

That’s all, you’re set to go. Have fun!
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 155 Posts
        Hey, this CMS is just amazing laugh
        Well, that was really simple!

Thank you for the fast answer!

Boby
          ...my Photo Gallery on Flickr...
          • 46 Posts
          This is Great Info Thank You So Much... I have used the same method for Keywords as i prefure simple Entering of the keywords... Thank you again...