We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 361 Posts
    Hi all. I’ve been developing a site for a client on my own server (SUSE linux, PHP 4.3.4 and MySQL 4.1.9-standard) and all was well. I transferred it over to the production server (some shared hosting thing, linux, PHP 4.4.1 and MySQL 4.0.26-standard) and it seemed fine until...

I just discovered that when editing or creating a new manager user, the following fields absolutely will not save: Manager Login Startup, Allowed IP Address, and Allowed Days. The Login Startup saves fine for webusers.

It’s happening with 0.9 and 0.9.1, and it doesn’t happen at all on my server (with the exact same setups), just on the production server. I’ve tried doing a clean install of 0.9.1 with everything normal and with the default content and it has the same problem. I can’t see anything else that doesn’t work, but the site relies on the manager login startup to function, so it’s actually really important in this case.

Any ideas as to why this is broken or how to fix it? Perhaps a bug with that version of MySQL? I hate shared hosting because this stuff always happens. wink

Thanks!
      Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
      • 1,732 Posts
      you might want to check and make sure that all your files where successfully uploaded to your server
        xWisdom
        www.xwisdomhtml.com
        The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
        MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
        • 361 Posts
        Thanks for the response. I’ve checked, rechecked, reuploaded, clean installs, etc., probably about a dozen times with no change.

I actually just convinced the client to let me host it on my server so it’s not a big deal at this point, but I thought it was pretty interesting in any case. If I have a second I’m going to try having the DB hosted on my server and see if that has an effect; maybe see if it’s a PHP or MySQL issue on the shared host.

Thanks again for the response, though. It’s much appreciated.
          Need MODx Ecommerce? Try FoxyCart!
          • 7 Posts
          I’ve encountered the same problem running on FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE, MySQL 4.1.8a, Apache/1.3.29 (Unix) mod_perl/1.29 mod_become/1.3 DAV/1.0.3 PHP/4.3.9 mod_fastcgi/2.4.2.

I’m happy to manually enter the SQL code - anyone tell me what entry there should be to set the "manager login startup".

(I too have tried reinstalling - this was a new install.)
            • 680 Posts
            I’ve run into this same problem. I still haven’t taken the time to get to the bottom of it though. Log it in the bugtracker and I’ll see if I can’t get it fixed before the next release.

If anyone needs it fixed sooner than that let me know and I’ll see what I can do.
              • 415 Posts
              I have the same problem, I want a user login in the backend and is redirected to the "Manager Login Startup" file id I specify, but the fields is empty after a refresh.
                MODx Sites & Prestations: http://dp-site.fr [Last MODx Site]
                MODx Repository: [HOME] [MetaTagsExtra] / Current Dev: [xFDM]