We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 24,544 Posts
    Is there no way to restrict access to individual chunks?
      Did I help you? Buy me a beer
      Get my Book: MODX:The Official Guide
      MODX info for everyone: http://bobsguides.com/modx.html
      My MODX Extras
      Bob's Guides is now hosted at A2 MODX Hosting
    • Quote from: BobRay at Oct 06, 2009, 06:55 AM

Not at this time, but restricting access to all kinds of Elements is going to be added post-2.0.0 release.
        • 13 Posts
        Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 06, 2009, 03:33 AM

Sorry, but I don’t agree with (or maybe don’t understand) your analysis here; and it most definitely is not a bug. Resources are accessible by everyone unless you assign it to a Resource Group and assign an Access Control for a User Group to that Resource Group. Why would you assign it to a Resource Group and explicitly define that a particular User Group should be able to access it if everyone already has access to it?
        Yes, you’re absolutely correct in that the ACLs weren’t the issue here; however, it DID turn out to be a bug. The problem ended up having to do with the system allowing users to authenticate to the backend "mgr" context, and then not showing the user as authenticated to the "web" context; however, once authenticated to the "web" context using the same browser session but a different user account, weird things happen. The system recognizes the user as logged into the "web" context as the regular-level user, but then you can’t log out (except from the back-end "mgr" context, which would then successfully log you out of the "web" context as well), and other strangeness occurs.

Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 06, 2009, 03:33 AM

Chunks are by definition an Element of global scope. Categories are not in any way involved in scope and are there for organizational purposes in the Manager only.
        I understand what you’re saying; I just don’t agree with it. If it’s to be used for organizational purposes aesthetically, in a system as highly OOP-oriented as MODx, I would expect it to be used for organizational purposes when writing classes and snippets as well. That’s just one man’s opinion, though. I certainly won’t tell you how to code your system from a fundamental standpoint.

I work for Access Technology Group, which lately
          has been selling SOAPware EMR Software as its primary
          business model. We're trying to get into health care.

Drop by the site if you'd like an example of a working,
          robust web site running on MODx Revolution 2.0.0 (beta-3
          at the moment; currently upgrading to beta-4).

If for any reason you need to reach me personally, I am
          Typing at G Mail dot Com. Yes, that's my address.
            • 24,544 Posts
            Quote from: OpenGeek at Oct 06, 2009, 11:51 PM

Quote from: BobRay at Oct 06, 2009, 06:55 AM

Not at this time, but restricting access to all kinds of Elements is going to be added post-2.0.0 release.

It looks like it’s there now in SVN (if I’m reading the log correctly). laugh
              My MODX Extras
              • 1 Posts
              Sorry, did I just miss something or am I just stupid ... WebLoginPE is suitable/available for "Revolution" ...???

A week ago I did a sample Revolution installation on my local server and there is no download link for WebloginPE available, neither does an addon appear to be available within the "Extras"! (only for Evolution!)

Thanks
                • 24,544 Posts
                Quote from: zeroge at Aug 29, 2010, 07:29 AM

Sorry, did I just miss something or am I just stupid ... WebLoginPE is suitable/available for "Revolution" ...???

A week ago I did a sample Revolution installation on my local server and there is no download link for WebloginPE available, neither does an addon appear to be available within the "Extras"! (only for Evolution!)

Thanks

The Login transport package has much of what is in wlpe.
                Wlpe itself is not available now for Revo.
                  My MODX Extras
                  • 44 Posts
                  So I wonder if there are any updates to this yet?

What would be the best practice to go about implementing some sort of a OpenId authentication?

many thanks...
                    • 24,544 Posts
                    Quote from: krisj at Oct 31, 2010, 04:10 PM

So I wonder if there are any updates to this yet?

What would be the best practice to go about implementing some sort of a OpenId authentication?

many thanks...

See the last post here: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php?topic=7501.0
                      My MODX Extras