We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 151 Posts
    Hi all,

I’m trying to prevent that some documents get in the menu generated by a plain vanilla DropMenu snippet...

So I edit the document, untick the ’Show in menu’ option AND hit the save button, but no luck it’s still there ( even after a reload and emptying the cache)!

Tried other stuff like unpublishing the document on the page settings tab but no cure either. Must be a problem with the editor I think because when I edit the document again my changes are lost ( I did save)...

Any clues? TIA
      A thing of beauty is a joy forever ( John Keats)
      • 3,250 Posts
      Odd, what browser are you using?
        • 151 Posts
        Sorry should have mentionned it, I’m using FireFox 1.0.4 and modx 0.9.0 on a local WAMP 5 server...

I just tried IE to ake sure, behaviour is exactly the same, Show In Menu always ticked whatever I try :-((
          • 3,250 Posts
          Oh! Are you calling it cached or uncached?

[!Uncached!]

[[Cached]]
            • 151 Posts
            [!DropMenu?startDoc=39!]

definitely uncached... I have the feeling that when I modify the ’Show in menu’ nothing get’s into the database...
              • 1,495 Posts
              Can you setup a manager account for us to try it out, so we can see the behaviour of the problem. I assume this is the problem from the manager, because you stated that the show in menu checkbox is still checked, even you set it to uncheck, right?

You can PM mark or me if you want to, with your temp account info.

Wendy Novianto
                [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
                [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
                • 151 Posts
                Thank you for your offer but I’m developping localy for the moment, my public site is still basically the default install.

I solved the problem by moving the undesired documents to another section for now... still puzzled though... as soon as I upload my work I’ll check if the problem remains on the public site and give you access to investigate.

Thanks for caring!

• 3,975 Posts
                  Quote from: Avander_be at Dec 22, 2005, 08:12 PM

[!DropMenu?startDoc=39!]

I think it should be

[!DropMenu? &startID=`39`!]

hope it helps.

regards,

zi
                    Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
                  • works either way; just if there are any arguments at all that ? must be there, whether you use it or not.
                      Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
                      Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
                      Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org