We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 10 Posts
    I have setup another user with limited editor permissions. Everything went fine until I tried to specify that the user would have no Manager Interface Access. I was met with a neverending flurry of errors that caused me to have to just shutdown IE in order to get out of it.

I didn’t know this was an issue until I read this post: http://modxcms.com/forums/index.php/topic,1767.msg12140.html#msg12140 So I specified that they do have Manager Interface Access. No errors. My only thing is, I do not want these people to be confused by the Manager Interface and that is why I would rather they just edit the site from the frontend.

Is there anyway around this? I know they can login and then just open another browser and navigate to the frontend of the site to edit but, I didn’t want them to have to do that.

I don’t really understand that post because they didn’t even specifiy which file they were editing. I even reinstalled MODx (a 3rd time) with no resolution to the issue.
    • I don’t think you’ll have any luck trying to create users without Manager access and able to edit documents only via QuickEdit.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 10 Posts
        Ok, that’s fine. Just wanted to see how much I can do.

However, now, logged in as this particular user, I get serveral errors after I click ’Logout’ unless I logout from the main manager page. Has anyone had any problems or are aware of any problems while logged into the Manager Interface as a user?

I am only asking because when it happens to them, they will be emailing me. LOL
          • 10 Posts
          Nevermind. I set it up for the menu to span across the top previously. I changed it to the basic MODx Manager Interface layout and I don’t get those errors. I’ll just leave it at that now. Thanks guys. grin
            • 1,495 Posts
            Hey Megami,

Is the problem being decribed here is the one that you encountered?
            http://modxcms.com/bugs/task/161

I have that same problem before, I believe the error message saying that the action is not currently being supported yet. I was wondering whether this cause the same kind of problem to other user as well or not. If it i, then it’s not being implemented yet, but if it’s not, then there might be something wrong with out web server configuration which probably because I’m running my PHP as CGI module. Did you run your PHP as CGI module as well or not?

Thanks
              Wendy Novianto
              [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
              [font=Verdana]Xituz Media