We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 17 Posts
    Thank you! You guys are good!

My next problem is that I cannot get the [[BreadCrumb]] to accept my css style. Do you have any suggestions?

• 1,495 Posts
      Quote from: ctusa at Feb 06, 2006, 08:13 PM

Thank you! You guys are good!

My next problem is that I cannot get the [[BreadCrumb]] to accept my css style. Do you have any suggestions?

Do you have a link of the site that you built right now? You can private message those to me, if you want to. I’ll take a look at the generated code and the css file. Please tell me what you’r etrying to achieve with it as well, so I can assist you with the right css code smiley

Sincerely,
        Wendy Novianto
        [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
        [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
        • 1,495 Posts
        Ok, ever since I never relly try BreadCrumb snippet, so I will provide the answer for the modified PageTrail snippet that I already fixed.

Here is the example of generated output from PageTrail snippet
        <a  class="breadcrumb"   href='/'>folder 1</a> / <a  class="breadcrumb"   href='/subfolder1.htm'>subfolder 1</a> / <a  class="breadcrumb"   href='subfolder1/doc1.htm'>doc 1</a>

From the code above, each a tag is being branded with a class name "breadcrumb", so the stylesheet to style the pagetrail will be
        .breadcrumb {
        font-size:12px;
        color:#000;
        }
        .breadcrumb:hover {
        color:#888;
        }

I believe it’s suppose to be simple smiley If you want to make a box surround it, then just put the pagetrail on a div or table and style them grin

Wohoo... This is the first time I’m assisting someone regarding about CSS and HTML, instead of PHP code wink
          Wendy Novianto
          [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
          [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
          • 302 Posts
          Perhaps easier and more upgrade path friendly would be to put your breadcrumbs in a <div class="breadcrumbs">. Then you could style your links with something like:

div.breadcrumbs a { ... }
            Standard Disclaimer
            I could be totally wrong.