We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Hello, I wrote before about my problem, and I’ve been trying to fix it but finally I wasn’t able so I ask for help, I really need it because I don’t want to make my web on Windows.
    The problem is that I can’t see the page, I only can enter in the management mode, nothing else.
    Everything that I know is this:
    MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: /srv/www/htdocs/modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(644) : eval()’d code
    Line: 54

I’m using PHP 5.04, apache 2.0.54 Mysql 4.1.13 and SuSE Linux 10 (OpenSuSE)
    I tryed to switch on Register_globals, magic_quotes,register_long_arrays and more, but I couldn’t do anything, and all the permissions are set to 777.
    Please, i hope somebody can help me.
    Thank you very much.
      • 680 Posts
      Sorry we didn’t get to your problem earlier. We’ve all been busy coding for 0.9.1 and beyond.

This error is coming from either a snippet or a plugin. The error says it can’t find one of the files it’s looking for.

First of all check the event log, you might find more info there. If not disable every snippet and plugin on your site then enable them one-by-one checking for errors each time (make sure you have cacheing turned off). When you get an error the snippet or plugin you just enabled will be the offender. Check line 54 of the snippet or plugin code and you should find a reference to the file that it can’t find.
        • 18 Posts
        Quote from: aNoble at Dec 16, 2005, 03:08 PM

Sorry we didn’t get to your problem earlier. We’ve all been busy coding for 0.9.1 and beyond.
        Don’t worry, it’s ok.
        I am going to try right now.
        Thank you.
          • 18 Posts
          Sorry, I forgot, how can I disable the snippets and plugins? Just removing them from the folder?
          • For plugins, go to the "plugins" tab and check the "disable plugins" box. For snippets, remove (or comment out with HTML comments) the snippet tag from you template or document.
              Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
              Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
              Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
              • 18 Posts
              Thank you!!
              Well, the problem is with QuickEedit plugin.
              I find this in editor.class.inc.php (line 54)
              $modPath = $GLOBALS[’quick_edit_path’];

and this in module.class.inc.php (line54)
              if($result = $modx->db->query($sql)) {

I think it could be the first one.
              Thank you for your quick reply.
                • 18 Posts
                Yes, I’m looking and I think that is a problem with the uppercases and lowercases, Windows doesn’t make any difference, but Linux does. It’s possible? I don’t know where to find it, where is defined $mod_path?
                  • 680 Posts
                  Quote from: tolano at Dec 16, 2005, 03:37 PM

where is defined $mod_path?

It’s set in the module’s Configuration tab "Module Path (from site root)".

There are two parts to QuickEdit the module and the plugin. The plugin is the one that’s actually causing the error but the plugin shares it’s configuration with the module. You might want to check the dependencies and parameter sharing to make sure that the module is sharing it’s parameters with the plugin.

I assume that you’re running MODx 0.9.0, did you do an upgrade or a fresh install?
                    • 18 Posts
                    Problem Solved!!!!!!
                    Thank you very much indeed!!
                    I changed the path
                    To: ./assets/modules/quick_edit

And is working now.
                    I think you should change this by default.

Thank you again!!
                      • 14 Posts
                      Today I installed modx-0.9.2.1.zip on OpenSUSE 10.0 and experienced exactly the same problem with slight difference such as line number. The problem is resolved by adding "./" to the head of mod_path as Tolano reported.

Thank you for this thread!!