We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 65 Posts
    Not sure if this is the right topic thread... but what I’m looking for is an option to create a user in a web group with a public form without the need for a password (can be blank password or auto-generated) AND have it log them in on submit with a redirect to page option.

Can WebLoginPE do this out of the box, maybe by setting the password in a hidden field to empty?

I can use PHX to check if they are already logged in and in the correct web group... and show the form if not logged in, otherwise show the content... I just need the form to log them in.

What I’m trying to do is set up a downloads directory where the user must fill in at least their email address (as username) in order to get access. I can do this easily with an eForm call and a cookie but I want to get the data into ModX Users/Groups for future use and don’t want to hack it together myself if I can use an existing solution that is community supported.

Any thoughts? I’ll be installing WebLoginPE this morning to try it out as described and will check back here later to either post my results (for others looking to do the same) or else ask for more help ;-p

*ps -- still haven’t had a chance to try it out, so any comments would still be helpful