We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Hello I just discovered Modx now, and I have some questions, I’m a little bit lost rolleyes

- If I want polls for my webpage(for example), where should I search? I’m interested in polls, links management, etc
    - The polls, what kind of stuff is? Plugin, widgets...?
    - There is no dates in the roadmap, could someone tell me how often is published a new version?
    - A big problem, I’m using SuSE 10 with apache 2.0.54 PHP 5 and MySQL 4.1.13, but I can’t see the page, only the administration. I have the next error:
    « MODx Parse Error »
    MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
    « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
    Error: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
    Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
    File: .../modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(644) : eval()’d code
    Line: 54

I have tried to find a solution in this forum but I couldn’t.

- Is there any webpage with resources for MODx?

Thank you for your help, perhaps it’s a lot of questions isn’t it?

By the way, sorry for my English, I know is not too good.

After a long time I think I’ve discovered what I was looking for, MODx is amazing.
    Thank you very much!!
    • - If I want polls for my webpage(for example), where should I search? I’m interested in polls, links management, etc
      - The polls, what kind of stuff is? Plugin, widgets...?
      At this point, you’d need to roll your own by creating snippets.
      - There is no dates in the roadmap, could someone tell me how often is published a new version?
      There probably won’t be dates or an updated roadmap. I think if you ask around you’ll find the pace of releases and support to be quite acceptable. wink We’ve made about 7 releases this last 12 months.
      - A big problem, I’m using SuSE 10 with apache 2.0.54 PHP 5 and MySQL 4.1.13, but I can’t see the page, only the administration. I have the next error:
      « MODx Parse Error »
      MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource:
      « PHP Parse Error »

PHP error debug
      Error: Unknown: failed to open stream: No such file or directory
      Error type/ Nr.: Warning - 2
      File: .../modx/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(644) : eval()’d code
      Line: 54
      You’ve most likely got an error on a snippet, at line 54. Impossible to troubleshoot without more information though. wink

- Is there any webpage with resources for MODx?
      We’re working on a code repository, if that’s what you mean.

After a long time I think I’ve discovered what I was looking for, MODx is amazing.
      Thank you very much!!
      Thanks and welcome aboard!
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 18 Posts
        So, in MODx doesn’t exists the modules, or components that you only have to activate it and it’s ready in the page, here it’s everything code isn’t it?
        Will this change? Because it’ll be a little bit difficult for example to configure pols by code.
        I think that this is a good idea, MODx is fantastic, but I’m used to the other CMS, it’ll take time to get use to this. I just need information, and here I’ve seen you have good support and team.
        I look forward the repository and meanwile I’ll read the documentation slowly. I’m a little bit lost with the snippets.
        Thank you very much, see you soon grin
        • There are not many custom modules right now for MODx. It is not what I affectionately call YAPS ... or Yet Another Portal System. It’s primary aim in life currently is to make it easy for developers to integrate with other solutions and to rapidly build content managed websites and produce custom applications as quickly as possible. Given a bit more time, I’m certain someone will produce polling modules.

Hope this helps!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,495 Posts
            Have to agree to that,

That’s why we are all here. Another point is, the easy to use interface and templating. As far as te snippets, ever since the idea of using chunk to be a template, it’s really one of the thing that I can’t find in other CMS system, which they don’t have enough flexibiliy to control the template, unless you go into deep understanding of the code.

But one thing to note, the price of flexibility is the learning curve that we all need to take, before we can understand the whole concept of MODx. Hope you are on board with us. We can make this a great system, as soon as the core developer decide to release a system, where we can easily install module or pre-package snippets, plugins, and chunks into the system, without having to copy paste them. That’s the thing hat you need to take a note on Ryan smiley

Wendy Novianto
              [font=Verdana]PT DJAMOER Technology Media
              [font=Verdana]Xituz Media
              • 18 Posts
              I’m with MODx, I’m trying to learn now.
              But I have a problem, MODx is working under XAMPP on Windows, but is not working on Linux.
              I’ll open a new topic with this problem, I really need help.