We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 7,075 Posts
    Quote from: Dr. at Sep 04, 2007, 06:44 PM
    Why? Are you wanting to pull from an external db?
    I think that is beyond the scope of WebLoginPE at this point.

I know this question has been asked a while back, but I need to know if this (using an external DB) can be done now that you added &prefixTable=`0` to remove the table prefix ?
      .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
      • 925 Posts
      IIRC, you should be able to.
        My Snippets
        -> PopUpChunk v1.0
        • 1,193 Posts
        It is possible... I think?

I haven’t tested it, but the reason it works with the MODx tables is due to the DBAPI which will connect to the db before making a query if a connection is not already open. As long as that table is in the same db as your MODx installation everything should be just fine, but pulling data from a separate DB would require you to write a plugin on one of the WebLoginPE MODx event triggers that connected to the other DB with the right credentials, query the table holding your data, then returning it... probably to a $_GLOBALS[’variable’] if you need WebLoginPE to process it further.

Long story short... Alternate table in the same database = easy. Alternate database = possible with lots of custom coding... i.e. not easy.

-sD-
        Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
          All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
          • 7,075 Posts
          Ok thanks guys, that’s what I thought and more or less said to my client...
          As far as I am concerned, I don’t need external DB, 95% of the needs are covered as it is by WebloginPE grin
            .: COO - Commerce Guys - Community Driven Innovation :.

MODx est l'outil id
          • I just managed to fully integrate webloginpe with an entire external management system.

Pain in the butt, to conceptualize, but not some much to implement.

Modx handles typical user info, webloginpe handles the extended and overall management of users.

I created snippets with sql queries combining the tables data through joins.

All modx stuff has prefefix modx_

Their own tables fed and managed by my snippets and webloginpe is prefixed with companyname_

I apologize that I can not show the pages as it is a members only area for a multinational client.

Once this project has finished this page I will see what I can do to write how tos (hopefully another subforum here) on some of the stuff I pull off.
              Get your copy of MODX Revolution Building the Web Your Way http://www.sanitypress.com/books/modx-revolution-building-the-web-your-way.html

Check out my MODX || xPDO resources here: http://www.shawnwilkerson.com