We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 41 Posts
    Hi everybody.

I have some question, It is not a problem it is more just generic question.
    According to documentation that Skoty write down if I want to have some input from user and give him multi select option i have to use somethings similar like
    ".... &customFields=`vehicletype`
    &inputHandler=`Your Vehicle Type:userVehicle:vehicletype:select multiple:Compact(compact),Van(van),Light Truck(light_truck),SUV(suv)`...."

ok

1. I have form that have to give user to choose between 400 possibilities.. Is it a good idea to put all this in &inputHandler parameter, or s there any better idea?

2. I Database I have after multi select something like van|suv|compact... ( this is more MySQL database type question) so how to make sql to return this user if I want to get every user that like suv and after that to get that user if I want to found user that like van?

3. How can I make this multi selection input filed wither and higher?

Sorry for my bad English

• 1,193 Posts
      In the next version I will have the ability to use config files so you don’t have to put all that in the snippet call.
      As of this version, however, you would have to make a REALLY long snippet call. Sorry sad

-sD-
      Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • 41 Posts
        Hi Scotty Delicious
        I think you did the great job with this snippet... I found the way to avoid long snippet... in "...webloginpe\Default\Contrycodes.php" add

$fciCodes = ’[+FCILABEL+]:wlpeUserFCIType:fcitype:select multiple:
        xxx(93),yyy(255),zzz(96),............."

in webloginpeclass.php file add

$inputHandler[9997] = str_replace(’[+FCILABEL+]’, $this->LanguageArray[43], $fciCodes); ---- in ViewUserProfile and in PlaceHolders method
        also LanguageArray[43] is define in each language

after that use of this is simply in [+form.fciCodes+]

smiley

OK ... but my question is how can I modify or where I can modify this multiply selection filed?