We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 480 Posts
    From what I have taken from the docs, the following is currently not available without some extra functionality...but I could be wrong.

When the user fills in the application and clicks on the submit button, I need to carry out a script to create a user name in a specific format (basically this number can be typed in when shopping at certain places on the web). I have done something similar in the past with eForm which upon a certain event I called a snippet that verified the user was over 18 (by calling a service with an XML string containing their details) before they were allowed into the site.

After taking a quick look at the class (Excellent commenting) and in particular the Register function, could I simply change Line 415:

$this->Username = $username;

to

$this->Username = generateUsername();

where generateUsername would generate a unique key or would that cause problems elsewhere? ?

Thanks for a great snippet!

Taff

[EDIT:] The short answer is yes, it’s as easy as that from what I have found out so far
      Adrian Lawley: www.adrianlawley.com