We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    Just wanted to give a BIG thanks for all the help Scotty has given me in getting the script ready for public-use (espically on that thread tongue ).
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
      • 1,193 Posts
      Does this mean that you are live now? laugh

-sD-
      Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • 925 Posts
        Quote from: Dr. at Sep 30, 2007, 08:19 PM

Does this mean that you are live now? laugh

-sD-
        Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.

Yep. I did think of a neat idea for WLPE, by using it in a "different" way, for use in a future version of mySH.

Since my site is a site for an RPG, there’s people who will want to collect every item/learn every spell/etc. I’m thinking of making custom fields that allow people to "check" off what items they have, what spells they learned, etc. And then, having lists that show what other people have collected. So you have a community that can be built out of people talking with someone who has an item they need, but can’t find, etc.

I might use Jot to have dicussions on this, kinda like a "shoutbox", but just for that section.

Which brings up a question --- would it be possible for WLPE to put parts of the sorting option in the URL (like ?sort=potion), with all of the other stuff (ASC, the custom fields, etc.) in a base snippet call. Basically, instead of having 10 million WLPE calls for each item, you have one link that can output a list on the fly, just by inputing which item you need in the URL.

This could also be useful for normal use, because if someone using WLPE has a lot of different fields having sorting options for, one page to handle it is more pratical than having a bunch of them. Plus, it uses less MODx resources because you don’t have tons of pages.
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0