We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 925 Posts
    If I used the Verify Registration option, once they "verify" it, does it use the Instant Registration template to fill in the required fields for the account, or is there a seperate template I missed just for verified accounts?
      My Snippets
      -> PopUpChunk v1.0
      • 1,193 Posts
      Quote from: Soshite at Sep 29, 2007, 02:44 PM

If I used the Verify Registration option, once they "verify" it, does it use the Instant Registration template to fill in the required fields for the account, or is there a seperate template I missed just for verified accounts?
      What?
      No. Anything fields that you decide MUST be required have to be on the original `verify` template and designated in &regRequired. After registration, the only way to modify table columns is with the profile form.

-sD-
      Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • 925 Posts
        Gah, sorry, I think I misworded it. I was asking, since in this template on the Documentation, it asks for just your e-mail, desired username, and the fullname. So I’m wondering if that appears after the template for the instant registration (like you fill in your info, and you have to fill out that afterwords), or if that template appears first on the Register page.

Which was why I posted this thread --- what page does it go to after they "activate" their account, or are you supposed to add the fields you want in the Verify template?
          My Snippets
          -> PopUpChunk v1.0
          • 1,193 Posts
          I see.
          Let me try to explain it better then.

Here is the ONLY difference between &regtype=`verify` and &regType=`instant`:
          in verify, a RANDOM password is generated. The user must check their email for the password before they will be able to log in, thus... "Verifying" that they provided a REAL email address. That is the only thing that gets verified. It is to prevent spammers from mass registration, AND if someone abuses the resources at your site, you have a REAL address you can use to go after them.

-sD-
            Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• 925 Posts
            Quote from: Dr. at Sep 30, 2007, 02:06 AM

I see.
            Let me try to explain it better then.

Here is the ONLY difference between &regtype=`verify` and &regType=`instant`:
            in verify, a RANDOM password is generated. The user must check their email for the password before they will be able to log in, thus... "Verifying" that they provided a REAL email address. That is the only thing that gets verified. It is to prevent spammers from mass registration, AND if someone abuses the resources at your site, you have a REAL address you can use to go after them.

-sD-

Oh, I see. So it’s one that has them enter in the info after they regiter.

That clears it up. smiley
              My Snippets
              -> PopUpChunk v1.0
              • 1,193 Posts
              Quote from: Soshite at Sep 30, 2007, 02:08 AM

Oh, I see. So it’s one that has them enter in the info after they regiter.

That clears it up. smiley

Ha, no, I don’t think it does.

The "default" verify form is just an example. If you wanted, you could use the instant template for your verify registration page (by pasting the code in a chunk). You would probably have to take out the password field on it because it would confuse people. They could put in a password, but it would be discarded. They will be given a random 10 digit password generated by WebLoginPE no matter what on regType=`verify`.

-sD-

• 925 Posts
                Oh, okay. smiley
                  My Snippets
                  -> PopUpChunk v1.0