We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 18 Posts
    Ok I admit it I am a freaking rookie! I need help understanding. I read through the documentation but it’s just not clicking. I am better to see a step by step example and then I can pretty much go with it.

Alright how is something like WebLoginPE work, I have no idea why the form part shows [+action+]. Where is action suppose to take me once I click submit? It just brings back to the page I am on. I am use to passing form data off to a form processing page, but I believe that is included in with WebLoginPE. Can anyone help clarify:)

At this point I am even willing to pay someone that knows Modx well to come in and put some functions in place that I need. Any takers for free help or paid??? Thanks!
      • 1,193 Posts
      [+action+] was part of the original MODx weblogin snippet. It is not part of this snippet.

-sD-
      Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • 18 Posts
        Thanks Dr. Scotty! Just really still in the dark about how to setup and interact with the database through the snippet:(
          • 4,205 Posts
          The demo site has the calls for each page, this gives some idea of what is going on. Some of the calls are a bit scary but I am sure they make sense after a while.
            [font=Verdana]Shane Sponagle | [wiki] Snippet Call Anatomy | MODx Developer Blog | [nettuts] Working With a Content Management Framework: MODx

Something is happening here, but you don't know what it is.
            Do you, Mr. Jones? - [bob dylan]