We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,204 Posts
    I can register and add an image but when I want to upload an image later or change the uploaded image to another then nothing happens the image is not updated. in v103 the dob still does not work.

also I set this:&userImage=`2048000,295,221` in the snippet call but image is still 100x100

dimmy

ps great to see a subforum for this great tool
      follow me on twitter: @dimmy01
      • 1,193 Posts
      Quote from: Dimmy at Sep 17, 2007, 09:50 AM

I can register and add an image but when I want to upload an image later or change the uploaded image to another then nothing happens the image is not updated. in v103 the dob still does not work.

also I set this:&userImage=`2048000,295,221` in the snippet call but image is still 100x100

dimmy

ps great to see a subforum for this great tool
      Hey Dimmy.
      I went to my demo site to try and change the photo, and sure enough, it did not change.
      I looked through the code and could not find what the problem was. I put in some "print" statements to help debug, went back and tried again, and WTF? it worked the second time. Tried it with another username, same thing. No change the first time, but then it works?

I have no idea what is causing this, but I will look into it. Thanks for the report Dimmy.

-sD-
      Dr. Scotty Delicious, Scientist DFPA.
        Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.
        All of the above... in no specific order.

I send pointless little messages
        • 1,193 Posts
        Well, this is interesting. I found that if my user image was a JPG and I uploaded a new image that was a PNG, it worked without even a hiccup.

If it was a JPG and the new image I was uploading was also a JPG, it would still display the old jpg image.

I thought maybe it was not overwriting the old image, so I added an if file_exists check and unlinked the old image.

Still, when I uploaded an image of the same type, it displayed the old one until I refreshed the page using my browsers refresh button. I think it may have to do with the browser’s image cache?

-sD-
          Husband, Father, Brother, Son, Programmer, Atheist, Nurse, Friend, Lover, Fighter.

• That browser image cache issue has bitten me as well. Drove me nuts the first time I uploaded a new background image with the same name for the CSS!
            Studying MODX in the desert - http://sottwell.com
            Tips and Tricks from the MODX Forums and Slack Channels - http://modxcookbook.com
            Join the Slack Community - http://modx.org
            • 2,204 Posts
            maybe adding a date or time to the filename would work?

first delete de existing photo and then move the uploaded picture from temp to userimages folder with a unique name. that way it is soved I think.

I also tryed deleting the first one but now it wil not upload a new one and I see no image (I see the broken-image-image).

and I am not able to upload a new image at all using the edit profile option. I do not get an error but there is no image uploaded (yes I looked in userimages folder)

Dimmy

if you want SD i can give you the url so that you can test this.... I pmed you the info
              • 1,193 Posts
              If the image is not being uploaded then adding a date or a random number to the image is not going to fix this.
              There is something else going on on your server that is irritating WLPE? I need to figure out the source of this infection to prescribe the right treatment laugh

-sD-

• 2,204 Posts
                did you use php code that is newer that 4.3.2?

this is my server config:
                apache 1.3.31
                MySQL 4.1.15-standard
                php 4.3.2-26.ent.1.swsoft
                  • 1,193 Posts
                  PHP 4.4.4 and 5.2.0

-sD-

• 2,204 Posts
                    What I mean is could there be phpcode used that does not work on php 4.3.2 ?
                      • 1,193 Posts
                      Quote from: Dimmy at Sep 19, 2007, 12:22 PM

What I mean is could there be phpcode used that does not work on php 4.3.2 ?

It is possible, but I guess I wouldn’t rule out other server issues. I just don’t know at this point why it won’t work in your setup.

-sD-
                      Dr. Scotty Delicious, DFPA.