We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 4 Posts
    hi freinds
    my problem is this.
    i have created a Tv Datagrid and the result is perfect.
    very very cool work guys shocked

but the problem is if i want change the graphical result of datagrid. example:
    i have a list of users and the datatgrid show the result , for example name, surname ,address but i want a little check box on the left page for any row, the client select with this check box a specific row and submit the result....

is possible this with datagrid widget or have have any widget to help me?
    thanks
      VENI VIDI VICI
    • Datagrid is really great indeed but intended only for display of results right now. You might want to explore Jason’s maketable class though.
        Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
        Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
        • 4 Posts
        Thanks grin
        i have look the table crator and is good but i have resolved with other method, With ajax and Rico
        bye guys
          VENI VIDI VICI
        • Hi cingusoft,

It would be wonderful if you could share your solution and show a working sample if possible. Thanks!
            Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
            Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
            • 1,732 Posts
            The DataGrid control supports a new column type called Template. This feature is used inside the manager pages to display the hyperlinks inside the grid.

It’s not full tested with the DataGrid Widget but you can give it a try.

Edit your Grid TV then inside the Column Type property enter template:<b>[+fieldname+]</b>, where field name is the name of the fields from your recordset.
              xWisdom
              www.xwisdomhtml.com
              The fear of the Lord is the beginning of wisdom:
              MODx Co-Founder - Create and do more with less.
              • 61 Posts
              Quote from: xwisdom at Dec 11, 2005, 03:13 PM

The DataGrid control supports a new column type called Template. This feature is used inside the manager pages to display the hyperlinks inside the grid.

It’s not full tested with the DataGrid Widget but you can give it a try.

Edit your Grid TV then inside the Column Type property enter template:<b>[+fieldname+]</b>, where field name is the name of the fields from your recordset.
              This is an excellent idea! However, I tried to use it to format the value from field that contains an email address using
              template:<a href='mailto:[+Email1+]'>[+Email1+]</a>

and the "=" in my template string is rendered as "%3D" when the document is displayed so the link doesn’t work. Is this a bug or by design?
                Dave