We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1 Posts
    Hi there,

My first post here is because I am having some difficulties with logging in on Modx.

The first thing is that loginname and/or password are not being stored in the browser. Enableing the checkbox below the passwordfield doesn’t affect it.

The second is that logging in on firefox gives me a "406 not acceptable" message. There seems to be something with <address>Apache Server at www.domain.com Port 80</address> I don’t know what it means. embarrassed

Hopefully someone else knows...
    • You need to provide information about what version of MODx you are using, as well as some basic environment information, at least.
      • Specifically, here’s the canned response in situations like this:

When making support requests, please make sure to provide information about your web server and your client machine:

Web Server:

• PHP version and how it’s running (suexec, mod_php, CGI, etc.)
        • Apache or IIS version
        • Operating System and version

Database:

• MySQL version
        • List of any tables over 1MB in size

MODx:

• Version
        • Any changes you’ve made
        • Any snippets you’re running on the page that is not working properly
        • Any plugins you’re running

Browser/Client:

• Browser name and version
        • Operating System and version

This will go a long way towards being able to quickly resolve or duplicate and bugs as applicable, and should result in a better overall support experience.

Further, if you’re seeing problems with snippets not seeming to work right, make sure you’re enclosing parameters in back-tics, not single-quotes. On US-English keyboards that’s the key typically found at the top-left of the number row: `

Thanks!
          Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
          Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me