We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 2,314 Posts
    Hi there,

i try just to show a certain Folder to a manager user-group, that they are allowed to edit.

this folder is inside a protected folder that they shouldn’t be able to edit...i set "Show protected pages" to yes, and "Use access permissions"to yes, too. So now, the user logs in and edits just those documents that he’s allowed to...but he also sees every other document too, and has to go into the right folder in order to edit his documents.

is there a way just to show his folder when he logs in, even when it’s inside a protected folder?

i read that:
    It is possible to allow him to see other documents in the tree but not access them (Tools->Configuration->Interface and Features->Show protected pages); this is in the case of someone having permissions to access documents that are in a folder he does not have access to. Normally if a folder is protected, the documents in that folder will not be visible to a user without permissions to access the folder.
    but when i set "Show protected pages" to no, he won’t see any pages & folders...if set to yes, he sees all pages (and can edit the pages he’s assigned to) any ideas?

thanks, j