We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
  • I’m building a newsletter-style site, using Ditto on the homepage to pull a headline, photo and summary from an interior story page.

However, users need to register for the site before they can read the full article. I’m still working on setting up WebloginPE, but my problem is, when I restrict the story pages to a Document Group, the Ditto call on the homepage stops working (returns the message "No documents found").

How can I protect a page and still use Ditto to pull some of the information for a public page?
      • 236 Posts
      I’m not sure ditto much cares what the permissions on a page are. Have you tried just doing it like you would any other site?

Have ditto just grab the newest page and use just the [+introtext+]
        ~Shawn Himmelberger
        Check out my MODx Development and MODx Design Company - Himmelberger Design
      • My Ditto call is pretty standard. It’s the same call I use on a non-protected site:

[[Ditto? &parents=`5` &display=`1` &orderBy=`createdon DESC` &tpl=`home-feature` &extenders=`summary`]]

Everything works fine if the article page isn’t protected, but as soon as I assign it to the "registered_articles" document group, it stops working on the homepage. I’m guessing I have something set up incorrectly here, but I can’t for the life of me figure out what.
          • 2,310 Posts
          Try adding :
          &hidePrivate=`0`
          By default Ditto respects private documents
          • That seems to have done that trick. I totally missed that parameter in the documentation. Thanks!