We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 147 Posts
    I created an administrative role for my client but the QuickEdit functionality is somehow not available on pages when I log in with his ID. When I log in as the primary admin, QuickEdit appears on the pages just as it should. Perhaps I have overlooked something obvious (which is possible, I have been staring at the computer for like 15 hours straight now) but does anyone know how to activate QuickEdit in this case?

Thanks
      • 372 Posts
      If you still don’t see them then try to login as the admin user. Do you see them? Then your problem is with permissions. QuickEdit permissions can be tricky because there are a lot of things to check. First of all make sure that the user has Edit Documents, Save Documents, and Run module rights. Then check that he has rights to the page. Then check the users rights to the QuickEdit module and to any Template Variables on the page.
        DropboxUploader -- Upload files to a Dropbox account.
        DIG -- Dynamic Image Generator
        gus -- Google URL Shortener
        makeQR -- Uses google chart api to make QR codes.
        MODxTweeter -- Update your twitter status on publish.
        • 147 Posts
        Bingo! ’Run module’ had been disabled for the user. All is in order again with QuickEdit.

On a related note -- I was able to integrate PoMMo into the site I am building. It is a great open source product and - hands down - my new application of choice when it comes to mailing list managers.

Thanks for your help Brian. Hope all is well.

Marco
          • 1,390 Posts
          Quote from: marconi at Apr 30, 2009, 03:39 AM

On a related note -- I was able to integrate PoMMo into the site I am building. It is a great open source product and - hands down - my new application of choice when it comes to mailing list managers.

Marco,

Mind sharing how you did the integration please? Thanks.

/k
            • 147 Posts
            K -

Perhaps I ’misspoke’ when I said I ’integrated’ PoMMo into the site. It is not that I now have PoMMO running as a MODx component per se. Rather, I just downloaded and successfully installed PoMMo such that it is running alongside the MODx site I am currently developing. The installation and configuration are fairly straightforward; you can see the details here: http://www.pommo.org/Install. I was initially looking for a MODx solution but had a lot of trouble getting anything to work properly. I did get Easy Newsletter up and running, but then errors kept showing up in the system reports whenever I used the Easy Newsletter interface. I followed all of the fixes suggested in the forum and nothing managed to get rid of the errors -- one error would go away and then another would appear. I then tried to get TE Mailer operational, but that was a nightmare. After many hours of struggle I finally gave up and went with PoMMo -- so far, it is working like a charm.

Hope that helps.
              • 1,390 Posts
              Aaah, thanks for the clarification.

cheers/k
                • 147 Posts
                my pleasure.