We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 39 Posts
    where can i find info on changing the css for the weblogin snippet.

i’ve got 2 pages setup(login and reset password), but they are not aligning properly and are breaking the template.

The login page has the login form 1/2 way down the page and the forgot password link has a mega wide table in it that breaks template. I tried to change the width of that table in chuck.weblogin.tpl, but that did not work.

do i simply set class for the form elements and declare those in my main css doc?

http://www.nilevalleyacademy.com/login.html

perusing forums is where my comp sci degree got me.
    • You could set the login <fieldset> to <fieldset style="text-align:right"> that will straighten up your two fields there... Is this what you mean? I’m using firefox and it’s not breaking the template.

EDIT : Ok I see what you mean by the template breaking... when you click the forgot password right? The site is done in tables which isn’t really recommended as it’s hard to control the look in different browsers. Have you though about trying to code the site using div tags? This may solve your problem and any future ones related to using tables for layout.
        Ross Sivills - MD AugmentBLU Edinburgh, Scotland UK
        AugmentBLU - MODX Partner

BLUcart - MODX Revolution E-Commerce & Shopping Cart
        • 788 Posts
        Look in the assets/snippets/weblogin/ folder and find the file named weblogin.inc.php, this is where the default weblogin templates comes from... it starts near the bottom of the file in this section:
        # Returns Default WebLogin tpl
        function getWebLogintpl(){code here}

The chunk.weblogin.tpl file is an example file with code you can use to create your own chunk in the MODx manager and then call it in the snippet if you desire, but its not required and is not called by any of the weblogin functions.

And just FYI, the weblogin template code is table based smiley
          xforum
          http://frsbuilders.net (under construction) forum for evolution