We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 44 Posts
    I am a bit new to ModX, so please forgive me if this is not an appropriate place for this question.

I note there is a table for user messages (modx_user_messages in my case). My question has a few parts.
    1) What is this table used for by modx? I know, I know, "user messages". But what are the user messages, how are they generated, and where and how are they displayed?
    2) Is this intended to be an internal table for some specific use?
    3) As the subject line indicates, I am interested in creating an internal user messaging system where users can send messages to other users and/or to system "users" and receive responses. Is this table an appropriate one to use?
    4) Is there existing chunk/snippet/template support for this already (I haven’t found any, but there is a lot of stuff I know I haven’t seen).

Thanks in advance...

P
      • 2,310 Posts
      Manager users can send messages to each other by using the "Messages" link at the top right of the Manager Interface.
      You can send to an individual, a group or everyone.
      Obviously for this to work you need at least one other manager user set-up!
        • 44 Posts
        Thanks bunk58 (can I call you bunk? smiley

I should have specified, I am looking to do a WebUser Internal Messaging System.

Should I take it that the user messages table is used for manager to manager messages?
          • 2,310 Posts
          Ah, I should have realised you wanted more than Manager to Manager.
          I haven’t used WebLoginPE in anger, it may be something can be done with it on the messaging front, actually for all I know it might already do it.
          • There is not a webuser messaging system currently or one planned; one would have to be developed.
              Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
              Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
              • 44 Posts
              Thank you very much Mr. Thrash. That is exactly what I wanted to know