We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,097 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for ManagerLogin.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    Allows you to login to the manager through the frontend.
      No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
      MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
      Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
      Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
      Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
      MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
      • 74 Posts
      Hi,

I’m trying to use this snippet on a website where users can edit their document (one document per user, rights, groups, users and documents are automatically generated). When Loggin with an user account, the system seems to authenticate me. But, when i try to access the manager, it doesn’t see me as a logged in user and prompt me the login/password page. I guess one of the session variable is not correctly instantiate in the snippet. Any idea which one ?

Thanks,

Seb
        • 177 Posts
        are you trying to log in through the "www." domain prefix? If not this is probably the issue, because modx automatically switches to the "www." prefix if your sites base url is set up as such in the manager.
          • 74 Posts
          yes I was.

The problem seems to have disapear now, that’s really weird. Probably a session/cookie issue, althought I’ve tried to delete any cache/cookie several times and then re-log in.

Since I’ve rebooted my machine problem seems gone...
            • 209 Posts
            Is someone here?

I have a problem with this snippet: it says that I am already logged in, but it is not true. I’m using MODx 0.9.6.1

any ideas?
              Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
              • 958 Posts
              Quote from: madmage at Jan 23, 2008, 03:39 AM

Is someone here?

I have a problem with this snippet: it says that I am already logged in, but it is not true. I’m using MODx 0.9.6.1

any ideas?

Manager Session is unique to MODx so if you are logged in from the manager interface (blabla.com/manager) it gives you the above statement.
                [img]http://i10.tinypic.com/52c4eir.gif[/img][/td]
                [td][Wiki] [Persian support forum]
                [SVN] [RTL SVN Branch] [bugs] [FishEye+Crucible] [Learn MODx!] | [My Google Code]
                [font=tahoma][برای دسترسی به راهنمای فارسی به [url=http://www.modxcms.ir]
                • 209 Posts
                I’m not logged in... but it says I am...

I mean, I logged out from manager session, then I tries this snippet... and it says I’m logged in...
                actually there is one thing that says that something is wrong: I have no QuickEdit button when the snippet says that I am already logged in...
                  Daniele "MadMage" Calisi
                  • 107 Posts
                  Are you calling the snippet uncached? (You should)

[!ManagerLogin!] = uncached
                  [[ManagerLogin]] = cached
                    MODx snippet-glossary 101:
                    Ditto = Content Lister -- Wayfinder == Menu Builder -- Jot = Comment Control
                    • 958 Posts
                    As Kleist cleared, its all the same Cache story again, call your snippets uncached when you need some interaction b/w MODx and user (even yourself) and if the problem didn’t resolve, clear the browser cache to make sure its not the cache issue.
                      [img]http://i10.tinypic.com/52c4eir.gif[/img][/td]
                      [td][Wiki] [Persian support forum]
                      [SVN] [RTL SVN Branch] [bugs] [FishEye+Crucible] [Learn MODx!] | [My Google Code]
                      [font=tahoma][برای دسترسی به راهنمای فارسی به [url=http://www.modxcms.ir]
                      • 209 Posts
                      Quote from: MotSmart at Jan 25, 2008, 07:07 AM

As Kleist cleared, its all the same Cache story again, call your snippets uncached when you need some interaction b/w MODx and user (even yourself) and if the problem didn’t resolve, clear the browser cache to make sure its not the cache issue.

do you know you are talking about two different kind of cache?
                        Daniele "MadMage" Calisi