We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 1,097 Posts
    This is an auto-generated support/comment thread for IMAP Authentication.

Use this forum to post any comments about this addition or any questions you have regarding its use.

Brief Description:
    Enables you to authenticate users against an IMAP server.
      No, I don't know what OpenGeek's saying half the time either.
      MODx Documentation: The Wiki | My Wiki contributions | Main MODx Documentation
      Forum: Where to post threads about add-ons | Forum Rules
      Like MODx? donate (and/or share your resources)
      Like me? See my Amazon wishlist
      MODx "Most Promising CMS" - so appropriate!
      • 18 Posts
      hi. i’ve found this plug-in while searching for a solution for LDAP auth.

could you provide an instructions about how to use this plug-in (where to paste your code) and may be some advices for swaping imap to LDAP ?

thx
        • 103 Posts
        Thanks, this works great except for 1 thing. When an incorrect username is entered (with any password), I get an expected ’incorrect username or password’ error. However, when entering a valid username with a bad password, I get a modx parse error:
        « MODx Parse Error »
        MODx encountered the following error while attempting to parse the requested resource: 
        « PHP Parse Error » 

PHP error debug 
          Error:  imap_open() [function.imap-open]: Couldn't open stream {localhost:143/imap/novalidate-cert}INBOX   
          Error type/ Nr.:  Warning - 2   
          File:  /srv/www/internal/manager/includes/document.parser.class.inc.php(745) : eval()'d code   
          Line:  69   

Parser timing 
          MySQL:  0.0053 s (6 Requests) 
          PHP:  16.3560 s   
          Total:  16.3613 s

Ideally for either condition, I’d have the ability to send the user to a particular modx page where a custom error page could be maintained.