We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 8 Posts
    Thank for the help.

I did not rename the ht.access file to .htaccess. I just did that but still
    nothing. Take a look http://www.thelexingtongroupllc.com/manager/

It was a fresh install also.

Anymore suggestions anyone.

• 8 Posts
      Susan,

Once you got the issue with the .htaccess files right,
      everything started working?

• 3,975 Posts
        hi mdac, actually you are not using SEF urls, thats why it is no concern with .htaccess.

Next, I predict that the problem is corrupt files, may be missed in uploading.

I got "header already sent error" on your site.

Next when acessing manager i get this:

The page isn’t redirecting properly

Firefox has detected that the server is redirecting the request for this address in a way that will never complete.

* This problem can sometimes be caused by disabling or refusing to accept cookies.

regards,

zi
          Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
          • 8 Posts
          Thanks All,

Guess I will erase everything and try it again.
          Maybe something didn’t install or upoad properly.

mdac
            • 3,975 Posts
            Hi mdac !

I PMed you, please check and also when you get it to work, dont forget to share with us. We’ll appreciate it.

best regards,

zi
              Zaigham R - MODX Professional | Skype | Email | Twitter

Digging the interwebs for #MODX gems and bringing it to you. modx.link
              • 8 Posts
              Hey All,

It only took ALL DAY but I know how to fix this if anyone else has this problem.
              For some reason I could not install the software in the root directory. I had
              to create a new directory inside the root and install the software there and
              everything started working.

Mike
              • That does in fact point to a C-panel mod-rewrite config issue, based on what I saw. Very weird, but glad you’re up and running! smiley
                  Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                  Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                  • 204 Posts
                  Ah .. I suspected this day would come, luckily we have a custom backend feeding modx, but anyway ...

We upgraded one of our accounts up a notch to something a little bigger and faster. In doing so, an image was taken of the original site, and put on a new server. Would this cause any problems I asked ... "noooooooo" said the host, "you won’t notice anything".

So - off I toddled to the manager, and presto! a "500 internal server error". Here’s the weird thing, the original site is still intact under it’s original account, or "so they say", and the errors happening at both the new server, and old which makes me think they probably musta done somethin to both smiley

Spec’s as follows - servers aren’t my strong point so anyone with any clues I’d appreciate tips except the .htaccess to ht.access ’thing’.. already tried both ways at the root and manager didn’t do a thing. Rewrite is off etc etc. I can get into the sql from admin so everythings there -- just the manager doesn’t like whatevers happened when the upgrade took place.

Here’s the run down.

Web Server:
                  ----------------
                  PHP version: 4.4.2
                  MySQL version: 4.1.19-standard
                  Operating System: Linux
                  Apache version: 1.3.36 (Unix)

Browser/Client:
                  -----------------
                  Browser name and version: firefox 1.0.7
                  Operating System and version: Mac Panther

Here is the error message when going to url/manager/

Internal Server Error
                  The server encountered an internal error or misconfiguration and was unable to complete your request.

More information about this error may be available in the server error log.

Additionally, a 404 Not Found error was encountered while trying to use an ErrorDocument to handle the request.

• Try repairing the database.
                      Ryan Thrash, MODX Co-Founder
                      Follow me on Twitter at @rthrash or catch my occasional unofficial thoughts at thrash.me
                      • 204 Posts
                      Quote from: rthrash at Jul 11, 2006, 03:26 PM

Try repairing the database.

They fixed it - I’ll get a list of changes they made later today and post them ... in a nutshell, here’s what they said.

"The new server has PHPsuexec installed on it, which requires some changes to the permissions and ownership of the file stucture."

- SB