We launched new forums in March 2019—join us there. In a hurry for help with your website? Get Help Now!
    • 701 Posts
    Hi,

Is it possible to show protect documents via getResouce.

Thanks

Ben
      • 701 Posts
      Anyone know if this is possible, if not guess i’ll have to revert to ditto for time being
        • 701 Posts
        Quote from: bennyb at Aug 19, 2010, 02:54 PM

Anyone know if this is possible, if not guess i’ll have to revert to ditto for time being

Ok it seems as if ditto won’t show protected documents either, anyone any ideas. Do I need to give the snippet permissions or somthing?
        • I depends on how they are protected. If you have given anonymous users the ability to load the protected Resources, then they can be "loaded" by any user and shown. Otherwise, they will only show when accessed by someone that does have the ability to load them.
            • 701 Posts
            Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 19, 2010, 06:51 PM

I depends on how they are protected. If you have given anonymous users the ability to load the protected Resources, then they can be "loaded" by any user and shown. Otherwise, they will only show when accessed by someone that does have the ability to load them.
            Thanks for the reply OpenGeek, I basically have a call that lists the pagetitles of the protected documents on normal page which anyone can view, but if the physical protected page was to be viewed directly by a users that’s not logged in they won’t get access. If I give anonymous users the ability to load the protected resources then they’d be able also view the page directly right?

Many Thanks

Ben
            • Quote from: bennyb at Aug 19, 2010, 07:30 PM

Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 19, 2010, 06:51 PM

I depends on how they are protected. If you have given anonymous users the ability to load the protected Resources, then they can be "loaded" by any user and shown. Otherwise, they will only show when accessed by someone that does have the ability to load them.
              Thanks for the reply OpenGeek, I basically have a call that lists the pagetitles of the protected documents on normal page which anyone can view, but if the physical protected page was to be viewed directly by a users that’s not logged in they won’t get access. If I give anonymous users the ability to load the protected resources then they’d be able also view the page directly right?
              No, that’s why load and view are separate permissions for Resources. This also affects whether users get a 404 Not Found (no load permission) or a 401 Unauthorized (load but no view permission).
                • 701 Posts
                Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 19, 2010, 08:37 PM

No, that’s why load and view are separate permissions for Resources. This also affects whether users get a 404 Not Found (no load permission) or a 401 Unauthorized (load but no view permission).

Ah ok, thanks OpenGeek slowly getting my head round the security stuff. Still not quite there yet as not got it working yet but think i’m the right track.

So I’ve set up a ’Resource Group Access’ under the ’anonymous’ user group user group. with following setting
                Resource Group: Members Only
                Minimum Role: Member - 9999 (this is what i’m confused about, how do I assign anonymous users a role?
                Access Policy: Load Only
                Context: web

So what am i missing, as mentioned how do I set an anonymous a role, and do I need to add some kind of anonymous user under user?

Apologies for the slow up take on getting my head round this, I’m slowly getting there.

Thanks again

Ben
                  • 701 Posts
                  Quote from: bennyb at Aug 19, 2010, 11:11 PM

Quote from: OpenGeek at Aug 19, 2010, 08:37 PM

Ah ok, thanks OpenGeek slowly getting my head round the security stuff. Still not quite there yet as not got it working yet but think i’m the right track.

So I’ve set up a ’Resource Group Access’ under the ’anonymous’ user group user group. with following setting
                  Resource Group: Members Only
                  Minimum Role: Member - 9999 (this is what i’m confused about, how do I assign anonymous users a role?
                  Access Policy: Load Only
                  Context: web

So what am i missing, as mentioned how do I set an anonymous a role, and do I need to add some kind of anonymous user under user?

Apologies for the slow up take on getting my head round this, I’m slowly getting there.

Thanks again

Ben

Ok it actually looks as if what I’ve done worked, I think I may of not flushed sessions etc. So all good, thanks for the help.

One final thing i’d like to achieve is my actual wayfinder call now show this in the nav. I don’t want it appearing there unless logged in. Any thoughts on how I could hide?
                  • Quote from: bennyb at Aug 20, 2010, 09:54 AM

One final thing i’d like to achieve is my actual wayfinder call now show this in the nav. I don’t want it appearing there unless logged in. Any thoughts on how I could hide?
                    I thought I just explained how to make protected documents always show up in your navigation, regardless of being logged in and having permission to view the page? Otherwise, it should just work without everything you just went through; just call Wayfinder non-cacheable or the first user to access the page with have their results cached for everyone.